What kind of SGI systems do you have?

Same kind of setup as the OpenVMS counterpart thread: Post what kind of SGI systems you have or that you (have) otherwise use(d)! Either at home, or perhaps what you use at work, university or so. (In the latter two cases, somewhat rare nowadays, given the EOL status of IRIX nowadays and with end of support at the end of 2013.)

An SGI system is primarily understood to be a MIPS-based and running IRIX, but also Itanium-based running Linux (like the Altix-series and the Prism) and even x86 running Windows NT/2000 (think of the “Visual Workstation” line). The former two will of course be the primary focus here, but feel free to share anything SGI here.

Only a relatively small selection of mostly newer MIPS-based systems is included in the poll (to not make it too long). In any event, also if your system is included, please specify what you have. Perhaps say a thing or two about the specifications (include a [font=“Courier New”]hinv[/font] output, perhaps), pictures and tell us what you use it for? All is welcome!

What I currently have: [LIST]
[]Tezro (tower), dual 700 MHz R16000 with 8 GB RAM, VPro V12 (“Odyssey”) XIO graphics and tons of options, including a 10 Gbit ethernet PCI-X NIC, several FC-AL PCI-X HBAs, a DMediaPro DM10 (IEEE-1394a FireWire adapter, PCI 3.3 V) and an LSI SAS3080-X (1068 chipset) SAS/SATA PCI-X controller;
[
]Indigo² Extreme (teal), single 250 MHz R4400 (2 MB cache) with 288 MB RAM, Extreme (GU1) GIO graphics, ‘Fast Ethernet’ (100BASE-TX) EISA NIC.[/LIST]

Both systems have respectively an Intuos² (DIN A3) and Intuos (DIN A4) serial-interface Wacom tablets hooked up to them, which works great!

I used to have another (teal) Indigo² with a 150 MHz R4000, but I sold it. I also used to have an Origin3200 (octo-processor, 8 GB RAM, FC-AL SAN, etc.), but I sold that, too. The latter was gigantic, it was scary loud! The configuration was also slightly minimal, for its size. I should’ve kept the mobile (half-)rack cabinet, though, which was very high quality. (I had to completely take it apart, to move it ‘upstairs’ at the time.)

I’ll post some [FONT=“Courier New”]hinv[/FONT] outputs soon, or reserve a separate thread/sub-forum for it.

null

As for QuickTransit: no, unfortunately, not yet. I’ve not done much with Linux as of late (for the record, which I don’t necessarily consider a bad thing).

By the way, the second link is dead; but, I think I know what kind of device it is. Alas, no, not an SGI or anything near it, needless to say of course. It having a MIPS processor is a nice touch, but without the PROM (i.e. ARCS) and other hardware and firmware, it won’t get anywhere near IRIX for a good while. That of course is very unfortunate. I think it’d be fantastic to run, or at least try to run, IRIX on a modern multi-core MIPS processor and see how it works.

Aha, i’ve changed link, now it’s pointing to pdf datasheet of product, since Broadlight removed product webpage. Looks like just a coincidence, that they’re in reworking of their site infrastructure right after i’ve posted a link to product info.

Alas, no, not an SGI or anything near it, needless to say of course. It having a MIPS processor is a nice touch, but without the PROM (i.e. ARCS) and other hardware and firmware, it won’t get anywhere near IRIX for a good while. That of course is very unfortunate.

Of course, don’t take me seriously, i’m just trolling. I already told you, that gpyra has nothing besides PC.

Coincidence? No, never, it’s a conspiracy!