To fans of Azumanga Daioh - Check out this anime

No I am not talking about Yotsuba&! although thats good too.

Rather I’ve been watching a new anime series called “Lucky Star” thats getting fansubbed at the moment (And its not licensed outside of Japan yet so you can still get it at animesuki and most other bittorrent sites).

Its quite a bit like azumanga although not entirely, but if you liked that it’s worth a watch.

More about it at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucky_Star_(manga)

This is true.

Do you know any other good new animes?

Other than Lucky Star I’ve only really watched Haruhi Suzumiya lately.

After watching 2 eps of Lucky Star, I’d have to give it a B- at best. It just doesn’t have the same charm as Azumanga (Sasaki-chan~!) even though it has a similar episode layout.

As for other anime worth watching, here’s my watch list:

Heroic Age
One Piece
Naruto Shippuuden
Death Note
Code Geass
Darker Than Black
Manabi Strait
DGray Man
Bleach
Murder Princess
History’s Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Nodame Cantabile
Angel Heart
Nana
Ichigo Mashimaro (this one is very Azumanga-ish!)
Hayate no Gotoku!
Sumomo mo Momo mo
Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge
Kekkaishi
Busou Renkin

Also, as far as American TV goes, I only keep up with:

Battlestar Galactica
Scrubs
Heroes
Good Eats

Woohoo thats a good list.

Do you ever watch the new doctor who thats on the now (At least here in the UK)?

Its pretty good.

Anyhow I’m downloading hero episodes to catch up since all my friends go on about it being awesome.

Edit:
On a random note, can anyone tell me if san diego and long beach are close?

Google Earth says it’s 2 hours drive, but that’s probably only if you travel in space above those two locations. Or if you drive at 3am and speed like a delorean trying to get those jumping jigga-watts and travel back in time to 2 hours ago. Or take the 5 freeway.

Thanks for that.

It turns out it doesn’t matter though since I mixed up some dates.

I’ll be going to calfornia next month for about 2 weeks and thought I might as well go while something interesting is going on, although now I’m going to figure out if I’d rather go while comic con or Anime Expo is on, hmm.

Edit:
The later episodes of lucky star are probally better than the earlier, they’re a lot of anime satire. :slight_smile:

Also, anyone else been watching Yu Gi Oh abridged (Better than it sounds), its really funny.

I can travel between San Diego and Long Beach in 1:40 at the middle of the night or 2:40 in the middle of rushhour.

I’ll give that one a shot after I get done with this quarter. I also like Chem’s list. I’ve heard nothing but praise of Death Note.

I’ve downloaded the first 12 episodes of death note and I’ll watch them later, I remember some of the characters from that jump superstars game.

Edit:
Up to episode 4, this series is good. :smiley:

It has to be better than Bleach, that I was watching, until it started to suck.

I’ve been reading the bleach manga and episodes up to like 30 - 40 and it’s not bad, it’s not as good as death note though.

At least they’ve not started a “Fighting tournament” or something…yet. :stuck_out_tongue:

It started off just great, but it reached a story arc that just wasn’t as cool anymore, so I’ve stopped watching it.

Okay I’ve been told comic con is a much more awesome event, so could anyone tell me if http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en-US/html/HotelInfo?hotel=CA388 is anywhere near the place?

I better book it all up soon.

That hotel is on the other side of the bay, so it’s a pretty far walking distance. I’m betting that most hotels that are really close are already booked, but keep looking. Hell, I might even be in a position to lend you a couch by then since I’m 98% sure I’m going as well. I just don’t know if I’ll have my living conditions worked out by July 25th. Everything is up in the air, including me.

Look for a hotel near 111 W Harbor Dr San Diego, CA. The convention center is south-east of that address if you look on google maps/earth.

I’ll probably be there as well. We could hit some bars afterwards!

Thanks!

I’m going to go tommorow to my local travel agency and see if I can get any good deals on a flight/hotel.

2 episodes into Rocket Girls and I’m hooked. This anime is amazing in how easily it makes you think very improbable things could actually take place. Or I’m a huge geek.

Speaking of which, did you know that Bill Nye has a new(ish) show called The Eyes of Nye? It rivals Nova - scienceNOW in geekish sciency factorism, but it’s freakin’ Bill Nye!

EDIT: Download Rocket Girls now!

FYI I just saw a hentai doujin of lucky star at this site I go to regularly. Just in case you were wondering.

I <strike>was</strike> was not.

<strike>giev</strike>

Okay!

Also I hear a lot of people talk about Bill Nye, I’ve never saw his show though but I did watch the intro to his old programme on youtube and that looked fun .

Thanks for letting us know Oblivington, the party wagon has been dispatched! ;3