Sound Blaster Audigy UBER low volume?

My sound blaster audigy GAMER and my sound blaster audigy LX have both got HORRIBLY low volume when hooked to my home stereo reciever… The gamer used to play fine… but stoped one day and so i bought the lx… it dosent work any better then the gamer now though… any one have any ideas? Their contected to the reciever via Y cable (mini2rca) from the line-out(front) port… I’ve looked everywhere…

BTW, long time no talk PSX :wink:

check the volume of the line-out plug, try the speaker or the line-out on the back of the card.

I have everything, every volume on maximum, and still nothing… everything I’ve read on the net has to do with digital recivers, but I don’t have one so I can’t find anything on the net… this really stinks…

well did you try a different plug?

It may be a driver issue. I’d suggest uninstalling the drivers, rebooting, and then reinstalling the latest drivers off the internet for your card.

I have the latest drivers installed, I called tech support they can’t figure it out either… the weirdest thing is everythign else sounds FINE through my reciever… (PS2, Xbox, DvD) even my onboard sound card sounds fine through the reciever… its just the audigys that don’t I can’t figure out why…

I’ve tryed both the Digital/Analog out and the Front Out (which is the recommended one) and both give HORRIBLY low sound volume… Odd thing though when I turn off computer it makes 1 sound right befor it turns off that makes my reciever go into protective mode (clicks and turns it self off and back on to keep from geting broken) This is all just really weird…

Have you tried plugging it into a different position on the reciever?

Also, does your reciever have a “monitor” mode or something for an external eq? I remember having that on by accident and everything was toned down.

I’ve plugged it into everything on the back except phono (because its for records and stuff, and really sux) and still really low sound volume… and as I’ve stated the PS2, Xbox, and DVD player play sound fine still… and I see no external eq seting…