FS [SOLD]: Sun Ultra 10 (333 MHz UltraSPARC IIi, 384 MB RAM ...)

Since I already two of these, I have decided to part with this one. It’s a Sun Microsystems (no Oracle logos, fortunately) Ultra 10 (P/N: 380-0243-01).

[CENTER][COLOR=“SlateGray”][images removed][/COLOR][/CENTER]

It has one 333 MHz UltraSPARC IIi 64-bit (SPARCv9) processor, 384 MB RAM, a 6 GB IDE-ATA HDD (made by Apple) with an 1.44 MB floppy diskette and CD-ROM drive. It’s a rather quiet system, especially compared to the average UNIX workstation (especially of that era, I’m not talking about the c8000 obviously). With a modern PATA disk, it’ll become even more quiet. (That’s what I have in my other Ultra 10.)

I used to have a Creator 3D card, but I sold it naively to someone I thought I could trust and ended up ‘giving it away’… So, there’s just the on-board ATi framebuffer graphics adapter. However, if you find a Creator 3D or other UPA graphics adapter, you can do some interesting things in Solaris!

Now some bad news: The system hasn’t been tested as of late and won’t thus be able to be demonstrated. So, I’m selling this as-is. The defect is due to a faulty NVRAM IC, most likely because the battery died. Perhaps this is ideal to cannibalize or to use for some crazy case-modding project? (Hopefully for another SPARC or other non—x86/-64 motherboard.)

Update [15-NOV-2011]: This has been sold.