Ragnarok Online?

I just started playing this game a few days ago and I’m hooked. It’s basically a massively multiplayer online action RPG that uses sprites for the characters and monsters. The rest of the game is in 3d. The game is basically free, they just charge you a subscription to play online. Of course you can’t really play it without logging online, but you can download it for free. There is a 15 day free trial though, which is what I’m using and I think it’s really cool. It takes alot to get me interested in an RPG, and this does it. I think I might subscribe after my free days are over.

So anyway, does anyone else play it? I’m a level 14/9 thief.

I would play, but I’m too poor to pay a subscription on a regular basis.

i might give it a shot, for 15 days.

I played it when it first came out in open beta, but they were hardly as much content as there seems to be now, I might give the trial a shot, but I think I will sticking to SWG as far as mmorpgs go.

CoH cough coughcough coughstarts hacking… ya… ya… passes out

I still can’t download the client.

Boo.

Is the 15 day free trial still going on Chembot?

PS: Everyone ignore my previous post SWG gets old after a while.

Yep, it sure is:

https://iro.ragnarokonline.com/member/memberjoin1.asp

or for those in Europe:

http://www.euro-ro.net/register/

I have a copy of the installer in my grubby little hands now.

When I set my mind to do something, it happens that very moment!

Ever hear of the completely free underground korean version?

Rav, you should go to this site here:

http://www.fuckingyu.com/MyFriendsRO/

It’s a private Ragnarok Online server that I play on, which is free. You just need to download the iRO (International Ragarok Online) client (not the European client) and then install the MyFriendsRO patch. It has some major advantages over the standard Ragnarok, like it’s easier to level up and the monsters drop cooler stuff more often. I’ll even help you level up if you’d like. However, if you decide to roll with me, you need to wear the pirate bandana of the Puppy Pirates.

I will go there! My estimated time of playing is about 2 weeks, because that is when I will get back to my PC.

I miss my PC.

Have you started playing yet Rav?

Can I play? I need something to cure my MMORPG addiction since I couldn’t afford to pay for WoW :frowning: (jobless hobo I be, yarr)

Edit - I will gladly wear the mark of the Puppy Pirates. I’ll be in game as Smee.

Edit 2 - This server hates me. I’m getting disconnected every 5 minutes. :frowning:

No, but I bet some guy at a bar I could drink more then him.

We’re got married the next day.

WoW preaty much cures its own Addiction after you hit lvl 40+ and relize that you’ve been doing the same thing over and over and over again… and that you will continue to do it for the rest of your digital life… Even pvp kinda bites… Every time a big battle breaks out it starts to get pushed into graveyards where its just one team kills the other team every time they spawn…

Man I want to make my own mmorpg that dosent suck… it would be remanicent of Shadowbane… Only with out all the shity stuff…

I feel like playing Frozen Throne, anyone in?

This server is a bit unstable tonight. Apparently the server admin (God) is attempting to impliment some fixes that caused other problems. Disconnecting every 30 minutes to 2 hours is normal on almost all private Ragnarok servers like this, but God has been working hard to improve the reliability.I’d suggest trying again tomorrow.

I have nothing to do on Thursday. I wll enter the World of Ragnarok then.

I’m going out Wednesday night too, so chances are I’ll be hung over like a really hung over person.

Rav you crazy booze hound, you need to get your priorities strait. It’s not booze OR videogames, it’s both of them TOGETHER.