II [END]: HP Integrity rx1620 (single[?] 1600 MHz “Madison 9M”; ‘as-is’ clearance)

A pretty maxed-out rx1620 (1U) system from the USA, apart from lacking RAM and HDDs. It’s not entirely clear how many processors there are, I assume just one (which is still very good). The current bid is COLOR=“Red” [SIZE=“3”]$ 10.50[/SIZE][/COLOR], which is hard to beat if it stays that low. You could end up with a very nice OpenVMS I64 or HP-UX system for pennies on the dollar! [INDENT]Edit: I forgot to add, from now (21-NOV-2011) only two more days left to bid. [/INDENT]

HP Integrity RX1620 Server Network LAN AB431A 1.6GHz 267MHz Bus, in good physical condition

[LIST=1][]Pulled from working environment.
[
]Plugged in and powered on.
[*]Didn’t boot up to BIOS.[/LIST][INDENT]- Serial #: USE46392BD

• Front plastic cover missing, but doesn’t affect functionality.[/INDENT]

Includes:[LIST][]1.6GHz Itanium processor
[
]267MHz Bus
[]Dual channel Ultra320 SCSI controller, 2 internal disks on one channel, one channel external disks only
[
]External Ultra320 SCSI port
[]Two 10/100/1000Base TX LAN (auto speed sensing, RJ 45 connector, wake on LAN capability)
[
]One General purpose RS 232 serial port
[]Three RS 232 serial ports linked to the management processor (multiplexed from a single DB 25 port); one general purpose, one remote and one local console
[
]Factory integration of CPUs, memory, disk drives, removable media, and I/O cards
[*]Rackmountable into 19 inch cabinets[/LIST]

No memory or hard drives included.
Don’t miss your chance to own this item at a fraction of retail cost!

[CENTER]

[/CENTER]
[source]

The only thing that looks worrisome, is the red LED on the front panel. But, that could also mean it was photographed just after it was started up. (Later generation Integrity systems perform more and different kinds of self-tests, with the LEDs flashing more than with the previous generations.)

Didn’t boot up to BIOS.
So the seller means that he selling it “as-is” or as “not working”. The price is brilliant, even if this unit is totally broken, needless to say. You may see a lot of similar deals (but moslty SGI gear) at “Yahoo! JAPAN”, although prices are slightly higher (usually, starting from $38 USD or so on).

Not necessarily. I saw perfectly good systems listed ‘as-is’ on auction sites. It could also be ignorance, that the seller didn’t configure the console device outputs correctly.

I just realized: considering the system has no RAM installed, that’s the most likely reason why it won’t boot up (and why the red LED is flashing in the picture).

You may see a lot of similar deals (but moslty SGI gear) at “Yahoo! JAPAN”, although prices are slightly higher (usually, starting from $38 USD or so on).

On eBay I’ve seen an Octane2 recently for (US) $ 64 and often systems for only several tens more. So, not too far off. But then, I don’t know what kind of systems are offered in Japan. An Octane2 is, obviously, still a pretty capable and even useful (read: productive) system.

I understand, but this was meant. At Japan’s Yahoo many hw gear sellers can’t or don’t want to, or don’t know how to check the lot, so they usually set “not working” or “unknown” state label besides of price dropping. That block them from questions from sellers regarding the price or asks to check something from same.

But then, I don’t know what kind of systems are offered in Japan. An Octane2 is, obviously, still a pretty capable and even useful (read: productive) system.

You may check by yourself, if you’re curious about.

Only 10 more hours to go, still at $ 10.50!

null

I don’t know, I have enough IA-64 systems at the moment. (That’s also the reason I sold my rx2600s.)

What about you, are you interested? So you could run your own cluster! By the way, Alexey Chupahin has one of these as well.

Yeah, but imagine: locally and at that ultra-low price, even it will get sold at any price under $100 USD, that would be great. In addition, if it would a local deal, you would bring your memory, install it and check without leaving. :stuck_out_tongue:

Even at $ 10.50, or do you think it isn’t that hard to beat? The shipping costs don’t seem to be too excessive either. I just noticed new bids were placed. (Update: At $ 23.50.)

The auction ended… after 9 bids, at [COLOR=“Red”][SIZE=“3”]$ 56[/SIZE][/COLOR]! :eek:

…at $56…
Niiiiice!